A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

12.31.09: MLA Debuts _Teaching the Graphic Novel_

Yep, that's yours truly in the orange highlighter there. (I know, this is a bad scan). This image is from a recent MLA publications booklet. Comics is a growing area of interest within MLA, and I'm very honored to have made it in this collection. I've got an essay on teaching Watchmen in there. Sorry, it was in press before the movie came out. So, if you find yourself with some Christmas cash, feel free to order this beauty. I can't wait to get my copy!

3 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

It doesn't come up till the 31st?! That's forever away ;-)

But is that Ghostworld on the cover? I'm not gonna lie, that's kind of a turn-off ;-)

Bucky C. said...

Yeah, a little "meta" meta text there on behalf of the editor, I guess. Did I ever tell you about when I met Dan Clowes? He signed my copy of Ghost World and informed me that his dad's nickname was "Bucky," so we hit it off immediately. He's a cool guy, not nearly as creepy as he comes off in his own work, regardless of what Enid is saying, lol.

Ben Villarreal said...

That's cool! I'm just not a fan of Ghost World ;-)