A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kick-Ass Reaches 100K Mark, EP Bookstores Still Suck

The Beat has this article on how the Kick-Ass graphic novel has sold over 100,000 copies. The argument: those that say comics aren't anything but story boards for films might be right. That's a little silly and over-stating things, of course.

Me? I've been scouring my local Barnes and Noble for the last few months waiting for this title to be available. Either they're selling out faster than I can get to them, or this is another piece of evidence that my local chain ain't all that great. Of course, with no Borders or Books-A-Million around for competition, why strive for excellence? Sigh......

3 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

I've been looking for it too. It's curious, though, to compare it to something like Wanted or Watchmen, which I easily found copies of prior to those films' release. Maybe it is that good?!

mj hollman said...

B - won't your U bookstore order it for you?
Try the Seminary Coop in Hyde Park, IL (Chicago, really) -- if they don't have it they will get it for you and be efficient besides. You can call or go online.

Or what about the U of Houston bookstore? They are offering a course . . .

Bucky C. said...

Yeah, I'm just aggrivated that the local store doesn't do a better job with GN's. I could always buy it online, but I'd like to be able to easily pump money into the local economy. I'm just too used to being able to find GN titles I want pretty easily.