A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

High School Teacher Talks about Teaching Watchmen

I've heard rumors of high school teachers using Watchmen. I even got close to meeting one fellow who discussed it in Charlottesville, Va, at my comic shop while I was engrossed in taking thick description notes of the place for a qualitative research class. Now, Graphic Novel Reporter has some testimony from a high school teacher who is teaching the GN for all to see! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Bucky C. said...

I also just learned of a colleague of mine who teaches public school in Dallas, TX, who said Watchmen was the most popular choice for her upper-level students as they made literature circle decisions earlier this year. Tres cool!

That Kid said...

One of the students at my school taught it as an outside reading book, and it is now included into the high school curriculum.
It is difficult though, to move forward in class, when there is so much packed into each chapter.
As a student, I will be leading discussions tomorrow for the end of the book.
It will be amazing.