A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Review Material and Press Releases Wanted

So I recently asked a more established comics blogger about how he gets books sent to him for review. He replied that he didn't do anything special; he just put some contact info on his page. Well, my profile has been updated with my work address.

If you publish comics or graphic novels that you think are appropriate for k-12 students and you'd like to send me copies for review, I'll certainly try to review them or mention them in appropriate articles or even write lesson plans/articles about them.

As well, if you have comics-and-education-related press releases, I'll be happy to consider posting them to the blog and/or commenting on them here as well.

EN/SANE world covers a very specific niche in the comics blogging community, the education community, and the English language arts community. No other site that I know of focuses as exclusively on sequential art narrative's intersections with literacy and education issues as does this one. As of yet, no academic journal exists that focuses exclusively on SANE issues either, so the site can do a real service for those interested in comics and pedagogy.

No comments: