A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Interview with Lynda Barry

It's not every day I get to follow a link to an interview with the field's top female author with a link to an interview with whom I consider to be the close second, but Tom Spurgeon has a very nice interview posted with the very popular, very of-the-moment cartoonist Lynda Barry. I'm thinking of adding some Barry to my syllabus next time I teach a comics class. Satrapi will be on there for sure, and probably Bechdel's Fun Home. Besides that, it'll be another sausage fest, except for the articles written by women, the women theorists mentioned and studied, and all the neat female characters in the males' books. And the female students.. And the female flies on the the wall....

No comments: