A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Monday, June 07, 2010

Vote for Me for ALAN Board of Directors!

Today I learned that I am one of six candidates selected by the ALAN (Assembly on Literature for Adolescents)Elections Committee to run for ALAN Board of Directors this summer/early fall.

This is an honor, and, if elected, I'll make sure to help keep ALAN the innovative, forward-thinking, and inclusive organization it has always been and needs to be. I've been nominated to positions in NCTE, etc. before, but I truly want this one and will work my tail off to do a great job. If you're a member of ALAN, I hope you'll vote me in. If you're not a member and would like to vote me in, click here for membership information.

I've been an ALAN state representative for both Mississippi and Texas, have published in TAR and am a guest editor for an upcoming issue. As well, my work with graphic novels and literacy is award-winning, and future projects deal with proactively countering censorship through rationales for graphic novels at the secondary level and with teaching vocabulary through comics. I've also been a constant proponent of technology and newer mediums in the YA Literature class, as you can see with this blog or over at my former blog,http://www.yausm.blogspot.com/, and many of my students' virtual book talks are available on Youtube, etc.

I hope that I may count on your support once the election is underway!

1 comment:

Bucky C. said...

Thanks! And.... spread the word! :)