A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Friday, June 11, 2010

Go Look!: Greenwood _Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels_

Just published, the Encyclopedia of Comic Books and Graphic Novels (Greenwood) is a pricey but very worthy addition to comics scholars' and librarians' shelves. It features 330 entries from many of the world's leading comics scholars. I wrote entries for Blue Beetle, Chris Claremont, who for a long time was my favorite comics writer (he still ranks near the top) and Classics Illustrated and, having received my copies a week or so ago, am very happy with the quality of the final two-volumed product and will use it as a point of reference in my own work and with my students.

2 comments:

Rebecca Anne Lukowski said...

awesome! i am going to have to order this asap!!! :)

Bucky C. said...

Sounds good to me! :) It's not the first encyclopedia of its kind, but it is well-vetted and impressive effort. M. Keith Booker did nice job with everyone's work.