A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

On My To-Read List

Emmanuel Gilbert is getting tons of well-deserved publicity for his new book from First Second, The Photographer, which I will be purchasing as soon as I see it at an area bookstore (or online if that doesn't pan out). I still need to read his first critically-acclaimed graphic novel Alan's War.

Another title on my reading list? Jaime Hernandez's Locas II, which I've pre-ordered and which should be here by mid-July.

I'm excited about reading all three titles. I recently read Gene Yang and D. Kim's latest triptych, The Eternal Smile. Not as good as American Born Chinese. Interesting and just as metaphysical. Fun, just not as instant a classic as Yang's first book. Still, I recommend checking it out. There's more critique of Western and American popular culture in there for those who loved that with ABC. And who doesn't enjoy a jab at Walt Disney?

No comments: