A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MLA Rectifies Situation, Offers Apologies

I've always thought it is important to acknowledge when people "done good" as well as when they make mistakes. I just received an e-mail from a high-level MLA member (not sure they get any higher in the organization, actually) offering apologies for the mishandling of sending out contributor copies of Teaching the Graphic Novel.

I was impressed with the attention given to my sorry little complaint. It came from someone who certainly did not have to take responsibility for the snafu or even acknowledge that there was one.

Long story short, the attention given to the matter made me proud to be a member of the organization and happy with its upper-level leadership, and my copy is being sent via expedited mail. My hope is that similar treatment is being afforded to any other contributors who did not receive their copies when they should have as well.

1 comment:

Bucky C. said...

Got my copies -- yes, copies! -- today! So impressed with this volume! Great intro by th editor; great first chapter by Charles Hatfield; great cohesion of ideas across chapters (and even in relation to some of my own work that might be published soon, cross fingers); wonderfully interdisciplinary. Another must-have for the comics-and-education-minded. 'Nuff Said.