A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Monday, November 09, 2009

What was I just saying?

"The battle has been won" proclaims The Beat regarding this article from The Telegraph where a researcher extols the virtues of kids learning from comics. My thoughts? Well, read a couple of posts below this one for my take on those who say the battle has been won.

"And if you really consider how the pictures and words work together to tell a story, you can make the case that comics are just as complex as any other kind of literature," says University of Illinois researcher Carol Tilley.

Why The Beat suggests people will listen to her over the scores of previous and current other researchers, I don't know. I wouldn't be opposed to it happening, though! :)

Click this post's title for more of Dr. Tilley's findings.

2 comments:

Tracy (Comic Mom) said...

I believe Heidi (The Beat) was being sarcastic. When, oh when, will someone come up with a way to convey sarcasm over the internet?

Bucky C. said...

As sarcasm is lost to me, I have to admit that I have no answer to your question. ;)