A Public Service Announcement! ;)

A Public Service Announcement! ;)

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sequel to Dalrymple's Pop Gun War Posted Online

Or part of it, anyway. While editing a chapter on Pop Gun War in my first edited collection, we mention this text as a sort of sleeper hit that would soon get much more critical and pedagogical attention. Well, that doesn't seem to have happened like I thought it would (yet), though the original is a great story and Farel Dalrymple has done well for himself since releasing it (I'm not even sure if it is still in print), but maybe the sequel will remind people of Sinclair and his magical realist flights of fancy.

Pop Gun War does have my highest recommendation, though, and if the sequel is a little longer and more complex than this hopefully-expert, I'll be eager to read it when it comes out in print. Or, perhaps the entire sequel will be a web comic. If so, I'll be reading then too!

No comments: